35 - 60 years old - Summer
Owning your own space becomes a priority however in some cities renting is the only viable option. Some will head out to sea-changes or tree-changes to find affordable real estate.
Time starts to speed up! Weeks fly into months, months into years. Birthdays come and go and suddenly you are knocking on the seniors door.
Stress and anxiety may be causing sleep deprivation, part of Summer is having more responsibility and less time to relax. Stress and anxiety can be caused by habitually trying to do too much and then losing sleep over issues that really are not worth worrying about. Its time to prioritise problems, remember men are fixers however, do not place value on issues that either cannot be fixed or are not worth fixing.
Summer can often be ruled by your ego, at times it is worth stepping our of the box to get a better grip on reality, less time looking in the mirror and more time evaluating your actions and intentions.
The belly may be expanding with success, this is a real trap especially around half way through summer. If the belly arrives start to work on getting rid of it early as it will lead to poor health outcomes in the next two season.
Stretch and find a good physiotherapist. Stretching your ageing muscles is vital during summer and it may be the only way to navigate around past injuries or age related physical problems. Stretching is a great way to get the body moving and upright in the morning.
Some men will buy a Harley Davidson and ride into the sunset until they realise that the joints start to play up at this age if you are sitting in the same position for over an hour. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence…but you still have to mow it.
- Time starts to speed up. Weeks fly into months, months into years. Birthdays come and go and suddenly you are knocking on the seniors door.
- Stress and anxiety may be causing sleep deprivation. Part of SUMMER is having more responsibility and less time to relax, rule 1 make time, rule 2 make time. Stress and anxiety can be caused by habitually trying to do too much and then losing sleep over issues that really are not worth worrying about. Prioritise problems, remember men are fixers however do not place value on issues that either cannot be fixed or are not worth fixing.
- For some, there may be a divorce or a quarter/mid-life crisis or maybe both. Hopefully you will learn from the experience, check to see whether your ego is playing the major role in your life and causing the problems.
- Exercise, move it or lose it. It is a pivotal time in your life to maintain strength and flexibility otherwise muscle waste and lack of flexibility will set in and all simple things become harder to complete including getting out of bed, opening cans and even tying up your shoe laces.
- Beware of social disconnection. During summer it is a trap to spend too much time in your own headspace, embrace every opportunity to socialise even if this means regularly visiting a café and chatting with other patrons.
- Get your grandchildren to set up a YouTube library of your favourite comedians and have a daily laugh. Share the laugh with your mates and families.
- Seek professional help if you are struggling. This is a no-brainer, if you have physical or mental issues that stay around for longer than 14 days seek help early from a specialist.
- Weekly motivation - each week use a positive mantra to get you motivated, ask the question "how can I make my life better?"
- Exercise your mind - Cross Words and Sudoku. Engage the brain before the lights go out totally, avoid endless hours of watching TV and complete daily mental challenges to keep the neurons active.
- Stretch regularly and find a good physiotherapist
- Start a regular walking schedule
- Keep GP visits regular and record your health history
- Reduce consumption of alcohol, fat and sugar
- Drink plenty of water
- Learn to cook